To apply, students must register to attend one of three virtual information sessions. Faculty and potential community partner organization representatives are also invited to attend a session to learn more about the fellowship. After attending an information session, the application form will be emailed to student attendees.
McCullough Fellow applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and in good academic standing
- Enrolled Fall 2024
- Propose a project in Western North Carolina with a faculty member and community partner organization that deals with one of the four McCullough topic areas (land use and conservation, urban planning, sustainable agriculture, and resilience and environmental sustainability, broadly defined).
Virtual information sessions for the 2024 McCullough fellows will be held on the following dates in The Whitman Room, Ramsey Library 101:
- Monday, December 11th, 2023, 3 – 4 pm
- Wednesday, January 17th, 2024, 12 pm – 1 pm
- TWednesday, January 31st, 2024, 12 pm – 1 pm
These sessions are open to students, faculty, and community partner organization representatives who want to learn more about the fellowship. Students MUST attend an information session in order to apply for the 2024 fellowship. Possible project ideas and community partner organizations for 2024 will be covered in the information sessions.
The application deadline is March 1st, 2024 at 5 pm.
All majors are welcome to apply. Email Dr. Casey King, McCullough Fellowship Coordinator (email@example.com), to register for an information session or if you have any questions.